Saturday, November 16, 2013

Ahem... Hello!

Well, hello there!

The chair in question, looking
guilty as hell.
My name is Josh, and this (gestures to the seat to the left, which is empty) is Tina.  I'd just like to say I am very disappointed Tina isn't sitting in this chair, and how do you go and explain that?

Actually, Tina is in NYC, eight months pregnant, working one last time for her former employer... watching a kid whom she was a nanny for years and years and years.  A little less than a year ago, I met the nanny on a dating website, and then I met her at a bar a couple weeks later - and that was it, I was spoken for.

Three months later, we were pregnant.  (Well, Tina was pregnant - I've been mostly wearing a fat suit and kicking myself in the tummy so I can share a tiny bit of what she's going through.)  I've never been happier in my life - me and Tina will be married (probably sometime next year - she didn't want to marry with the baby on the way), so I'm totally set with my life partner.

Tina is a very funny chick - an aspiring comedienne, loved by everyone who meets her, and an excellent balance for my anxious, liberal political organizer schtick.  I'm a lucky bastard, is I guess what I'm saying.

I yanked her out of living in NYC (no mean feat - I was yanked from the Boroughs at age 7 and I still haven't really gotten over it), and we settled in an apartment in Albany.  Right now we're both unemployed (I get that way after elections, and Tina's, well, eight months pregnant).  My mom, my dad and my mom's new husband are being super-helpful, and the volunteers and friends I know from the three political campaigns I've done in Albany have been incredible (we have an overflowing room full of baby stuff already, and we hardly spent a penny)!

So we're feeling pretty blessed, and we thought it might be nice to document the birth of our first child through the eyes of two slightly crazy, ADD kids with lots of friends and a decent sense of humor.

I also want to showcase Tina's stuff.  I believe you might see, over the next however-long-we-have-this-blog:

- Her staggeringly lifelike stick figure cartoons

- Her Vines, which she mostly does with her and our dog Charlie while I'm out pounding the pavement

- Her schtick in general, which consists of satirical observations on life, the Universe and everything, combined with the willful naivete we both embrace as a way of life

- Me talking her up, because she's kind of faboo

Anyway, that's all I have for now - I'm off to go home, walk the dog, do the dishes and maybe get some work done tonight.  In the next entry, either Tina will describe herself, or I'll describe myself - or maybe you'll get an eyeful of stick figure cartoons!  It's all in God's hands now.

Love,

- Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment